Donnerstag, 17. Juli 2014

Falling in Love

I don't mean the, ahem, mundane kind of love that connects women and men. No, I am talking about falling in love with a character you've created.
The feelings I have for all of my characters are very very strong, but different. I have extremely strong maternal feelings towards my main character Wanja, I admire Galfrid and would love to spend at least a day or two just with him (technically, I could, because he lives in my head. But he 'only' exists in my story, and I don't. Yet I do for 100%. Ugh. Weird) and the relationship I have with the cat Karolus Magnus again is very very special and highly comparable with affinity.
And then there is this one character...I have planned him, or rather thought about him for quite some time. He actually came to me once in a dream and had such an amazing charisma that I immediately knew that he is a major part of the story but until now there was no real place for him in the story (which sounds weird, but it _does_ make sense). Until now. Yay.  I have sort of fallen in love with him, because i think that he's a great character.
I've rarely rejoiced during writing as I did when I introduced him into the story. My first thoughts were: 'Thank god, he's finally _here_. FINALLY!' It felt like realising that the person you fancy fancies you back, but different, as relationships with fictional characters are (and should be) different to the relationships with real people. Fine. I just felt the need to quickly blog about that....now I _have_ to get back and continue writing...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen